Sunday, June 13, 2010

Done and Done


The deed is done. Much to he chagrin of my parents, and most of the rest of my family, my first tattoo has been completed. I have to admit that I'm very surprised by a few things.

I'm surprised that I actually went through with it. If you're reading his I'm going to assume that you know me, which means you know I'm pretty "white bread". I rarely do things that rock the boat, or do things that could potentially make my life more difficult. So, for me to take the plunge and do this is a little out of character. I guess I'm just trying to find a little edgier side of myself.

I'm surprised by my parents' reactions. While never thrilled with the idea, at no time did they say that I shouldn't go through with it. When I got home dad's first statement was, "that didn't take long". I suppose that's better than being told to get out of the house because I'm no longer his son. ShaeShae was slightly more inquisitive and wanted to see it. While not interested in going down, they were both there for the unveiling, but didn't have much to say. Pretty much exactly what I expected, but there was a time when their displeasure would have been vocalized much more than through body language. 

The last thing was that it didn't hurt as much as I expected. While there was a bit of pain at times, the experience as a whole was positive. A couple spots were more tender than others, but the pain was brief and only lasted until Jimmy (my tattoo artist) moved on to the next spot. Along with this was the realization that future tattoos don't have near the level of anxiety. It was finished in 20 minutes. Piece of cake. 

I am honestly looking forward to my next tattoo experience.

No comments: